Saturday, May 21, 2005

Brad, The answers are:

This doesn't have anything to do with Frugal Living, but when the gauntlet has been dropped the answers must come forth.

List five things that people in your circle of friends or peer group are wild about, but you can’t really understand the fuss over.

1) Current day sitcom TV. - I can’t even watch the sitcoms of today. People are always tearing each other down & they would do anything for a laugh. I don’t like the reality TV either. I tried to watch one of the episodes of the Sports Illustrated model search. Those girls were beautiful but they spit and clawed to get the one million dollar contract they were after, just not my cup of herbal tea.

2) All the hype about Colin Farrell. - What a jerk! Give me Orlando Bloom instead. I loved him in “Pirates of the Caribbean.”

3) Football – Sorry guys, I just cannot get interested in the game. When the kids were in high school, I would go to the football games to watch them play their instruments in band and cheer them on. I never could get into the game itself. NOW Baseball is another story. I love every aspect of the game.

4) What is this fascination with Mini-vans? - No way Jay! There is not one out there that I like. I’ll take a car any day.

5) Green Jello salad. - Many of my friends have lived in the great state of Utah and they consume more green jello than any other state. I don’t hate it, but I would rather have brownies. Now my waistline would prefer “sugar-free” jello. I guess you know what wins out.

OK now, who do I wish to take this challenge:
1) Ethne – Pole Dancing in the dark
2) Linda – Civilization Calls
3) Barb – Catscape
4) Jason – Nerdy Conservative
5) Tony – Red Mind in a Blue State


There you go Brad! Thanks for the challenge! This feels like a wave, is it going to make it back around?

3 Comments:

At 2:17 PM, Blogger Linda said...

Hmm...

OK, here goes:

1. Anything about Ben Affleck and his Jennifer-of-the-day. Self-involved performers "in love" (for now). Who cares?

2. The Michael Jackson trial. Seems to me that there are more important things than what the Sequined Cadaver wore to court today.

3. Two words: American. Idol.

Eww.

4. Subarus, and the people who drive them. Anything that palpably powered by Smugness makes me wish for roof-mounted cannon.

5. Flavored coffee. Most of it tastes like a$$. It's OK in a pinch, but I can add my own cream and sugar, thanks.

Your webspace is off to a great start, Lucy. I think you have an awesome idea and a great topic. Were you aware of http://www.frugalfolks.com? They have a similar mission, and if you check it out and like their content, they might be a worthy addition to your blogroll.

Keep it up, hon. I'm eagerly awaiting your posts.

Hugs,
Linda

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger Lucy Stern said...

Thanks, Barb, Linda and Jason. It just gives a little more insight into our personalities.

Linda, I checked out the website and it looked great.

Barb, I love camping and hiking. The bugs don't seem to bother me very much. They love TF. I don't like Hummers either.

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger Lucy Stern said...

Ethne, Go right ahead.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home