Wednesday, June 29, 2005

We Are Going to have Puppies…..

In all the years TF and I have been married we have had pets. We made sure that they were spaded and neutered and we have never had litters of puppies and kittens. Well, guess what, we’re going to have puppies. About a month ago we acquired a dog named Roxie. A friend of our son’s was moving and he could not take Roxie to his new residence. Our son told him that he would take the dog, all he had to do was have Roxie shipped up to Wyoming via Continental Airlines. His friend dropped the dog off at our house without food or heartworm pills and disappeared. We were dumped on, folks. Well we decided that we were not going to ship Roxie off to Wyoming. Our son has a hard enough time taking care of himself, so how is he going to take care of Roxie? It didn’t take long for us to fall in love with her. She is sweet and she gets along with our other dog just fine.

Last week I noticed that she was growing in the mid section. I also noticed that her “motherly milking devices” were growing also. Uh-Oh! I think she might be pregnant.
I made an appointment with the vet to make sure and this morning we found out that she is definitely going to have puppies. The Vet did a “puppy ultrasound” on her and you could see little baby puppies moving around inside of her. They were so cute. Since this is totally new for me, the vet took some time to give me verbal instructions on what to do. She gave me written instructions on how to care for Roxie and what to do when the puppies are born. I took Roxie home and broke the news to my husband, who is still in shock. I purchased 2 bottles of doggie vitamins with calcium from the vet. This afternoon I went to Wall Mart and purchased a children’s swimming pool for Roxie to use as her “delivery room”. I bought the smallest one they had which is 48” wide. The vet also told me to put Roxie on some good puppy food. I found some Iams puppy food and bought that too. Well, $100.00 later, we are ready to take care of our mommy dog.
Please wish us luck, because we have never done this before.

Take a look at a blog my husband wrote introducing Roxie to the blogosphere.
http://tfsternsrantings.blogspot.com/2005/06/meet-roxie.html


Plan a Fourth of July Garden Party:
For some Fourth of July party tips: The Fourth of July garden party has a long and venerable history. In 1778, General George Washington ordered his men to decorate their hats with "green boughs," issued them a double allowance of rum and called for a Fourth of July artillery salute. Check out this website for some “PARTY” ideas:
http://women.msn.com/1219483.armx?GT1=6591


Back to Basics with Smoothies: Check It Out.
Nothing says summer more than a thick, frosty, fruit smoothie. How can you get that smoothie shop taste at home? http://www.click2houston.com/mrfood/4641719/detail.html

5 Comments:

At 8:26 PM, Blogger Cool Dad said...

Lucy,
I am on a diet, but smoothies sound good any time. Good luck with the puppies. That is always exciting. BTW the taco dip and the Texas sheet cake will be on the docket this monday thanks to your site.

 
At 11:29 AM, Blogger Evey said...

YAY for Roxie, HOW exciting. This should be a fun and new experience hey. Maybe you should send one of her puppies my way;) We need a friend for Belle:) Keep us updated on how she is doing.

 
At 3:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds like you're in for a fun and busy summer, keep us posted

 
At 1:42 AM, Blogger Nettie said...

Awww, that's so cool, I want a puppy!

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger Lucy Stern said...

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone. I will keep you posted as to the progress of Miss Roxie.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home