Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Could This be It?......

OK folks, Could this be it? Roxie is acting funny this morning. She's following me around like crazy and I noticed she walking funny. I managed to get her into her "swimming pool", otherwise known as a welping pen. She seems to be in labor. I got her to lie down and as long as I stay with her, she will stay there. The minute I move she wants out. I'm supposed to leave town tomorrow for four days for a business trip. My husband is not thrilled about this and lets me know in the slightest of ways. He doesn't have the best "mothering" instincts around and I'm not sure how he will be able to handle Roxie and her new puppies by himself. If I hadn't already prepaid the convention fees and hotel, I might consider not going. Oh well, this will just be another new experience for us. Wish us luck and I'll keep you posted.

UPDATE: False labor. No puppies yet. I'm leaving for four days tomorrow morning and won't be back till Sunday afternoon. Please pray that those puppies wait till I get home to come. For that matter, pray that Jennifer doesn't have her baby while I'm gone.

15 Comments:

At 11:28 AM, Blogger Evey said...

How exciting, maybe she will have them before you head out. You will have to post some pics of the babies once she has them.

 
At 12:00 PM, Blogger Oh great One said...

Ha! Isn't it funny how babies timing isn't the same as ours!

 
At 5:53 PM, Blogger Melody said...

Good luck...especially to hubby handling the new puppies.

 
At 8:16 PM, Blogger Nettie said...

Hope there's no babies for four days!

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger Lucy Stern said...

Thanks for the thoughts everyone. We do have a friend of my husbands staying with us and he doesn't go home until right before I get back. He seems to think he can handle the puppies. I still hope that Roxie waits till I get home.

 
At 10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No babies till you return!! ;) I hope you post photos when they arrive!!

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger Beth said...

Wow, good luck! We'll be breeding my pug only once and even the thought of it makes me nervous.

 
At 12:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i hope you've left you hubby some back up help and i hope those puppies are in no rush

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger Jahn said...

Something tells me it's your husband we should be praying for. :-)

 
At 11:01 PM, Blogger T. F. Stern said...

Keep those good vibes and prayers going strong until at least Sunday when Lucy returns. Roxie is listening; you hear that Roxie, wait till at least Sunday.

 
At 12:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, nothing posted about the puppies yet, so i guess roxie is listening! cuz it's sunday

 
At 6:26 PM, Blogger Jahn said...

Looks like you dodged a bullet there. :-)

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger Lucy Stern said...

Hi Everyone, I'm back and Roxie is still literly hanging in there. I found out yesterday that this will be her third litter. She should be a pro that this by now. I don't know how much longer she can go, but she is uncomfortable and she follows me around everywhere I go. Wish us luck and I will keep you posted.

 
At 6:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Checking in to see if there was any big news, yet!

(Also, I have a change of web address)

 
At 8:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

good luck and i'll be checking back, glad she hung in there for your return

 

Post a Comment

<< Home