Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Recipes for the week from Chet

Chet Day'sHealth & Beyond Cookie Recipe of the Week
Orange Oatmeal Cookies

1/3 cup softened unsalted butter
1/3 cup plain low fat yogurt
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup rolled oats
1/4 tsp baking soda
2 Tbs chopped walnuts
1/4 tsp grated orange peel

Preheat oven to 325 F. Blend butter, yogurt, sugar, and vanilla. Mix in remaining ingredients. Shape dough by rounded teaspoons into 1 inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet; flatten slightly with fork. Bake at 325 F for 12 to 15 minutes. Remove immediately from baking sheet.

Chet Day'sHealth & Beyond Crockpot Recipe of the Week
Green Chili

3-4 lbs lean pork diced
24-30 green chiles cut into strips -- (or 30 oz can)
1 tsp salt1 tsp pepper
1 Tbs garlic powder
1 dash cumin
28 ounces canned tomatoes
16 ounces canned tomoatoes, chopped
2 medium onions, chopped
1 cup water

Brown pork and put in slow cooker with all the juices. Add remaining ingredients cook on low 6 to 8 hours.

Chet Day'sHealth & Beyond Healthy Recipe of the Week
Artichoke Dip

Two 14.5 oz. cans artichoke hearts, drained and finely chopped
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 cup mayonnaise
1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp dill weed

Combine all ingredients in 1-quart casserole dish sprayed with cooking spray.
Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
Serve with toast rounds and vegetables.

All of these recipes came from http://chetday.com

11 Comments:

At 7:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That green chili sounds yummy. Would you like a recipe on zuccini bread?
With this being a good time to buy it?

 
At 7:32 PM, Blogger Oh great One said...

Have you made this green chili? The most amazing green chili I ever had was thick you could eat it like soup! It was good on everything! Is this one thick or is it the thinner variety?

 
At 9:23 PM, Blogger Lucy Stern said...

Daybyday4-2day - I would love to get your recipe for zuccini bread.

Oh great one - This recipe is not very thick, It's good. I like using real chopped garlic instead of the powdered, but it is just my preference. Actually my daughter has the bed green chile recipe, but it is a family recipe from her husbands side of the family and she is not allowed to share it with me.

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger Mountain Mama said...

The recipe for orange Oatmeal cookies sounds delicious and healthy. I copied it but noticed it does not call for flour. Is that really how the recipe reads?
Have you tried this recipe yet?

 
At 4:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haveta try rhe cookies... :)

My favorite crockpot chili is from Leanne Ely - it has sweet potato in it!

 
At 7:45 PM, Blogger Fred said...

I like the first two, but not the artichoke dip. I'm not really big on artichokes.

Thanks for the link...I'll have to give it to The Missus and see if we can find more goodies.

 
At 8:42 PM, Blogger Teri said...

The artichoke dip sounds delicious. Thanks for the link. I always seem to be stuck in a rut and make the same meals week after week.

 
At 9:44 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Oh yummm, that orange oatmeal cookie recipe sounds delicous, a winner for this weekend in my house!

 
At 6:29 AM, Blogger Lucy Stern said...

mountain mama - That's the recipe. I copied it right off of Chet's web page. I have made cookies before that do not call for flour. The oats hold it all together.

texasblu - chile with sweet potatoes? sounds interesting.

Fred - I love the artichokes!

Teri - I sometimes get in a rut too when cooking.

Michelle - Let me know how you like it. Mountain Mama is curious about a recipe with no flour.

 
At 6:10 PM, Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Now, I love that orange oatmeal recipe. What a neat combination of ingredients.

Thanks again, Lucy for all your great recipes! Wish I was not dieting.

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger pappy said...

Thanks, my grandaughter and I will try and make the cookies.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home