Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Barbecue Cowboy Pinto Beans

From ChetDay.com

16 oz package dried pinto beans, rinsed and picked over
4 cups hot water
2 medium onions, chopped
1 Tbs chili powder
3/4 cup hickory-flavored barbecue sauce
1/2 cup ketchup
1 1/2 tbs prepared yellow mustard
Dash of Tabasco sauce

In your crock pot, mix together the beans, hot water, onions, and chili powder. Cover and cook on the low heat setting about 7 hours, or until the beans are tender but not falling apart.

Drain off all the cooking liquid. Stir in the barbecue sauce, ketchup, mustard, and Tabasco sauce. Cook, uncovered, 10 to 15 minutes longer, until heated through.

These sound great.... I'm putting my beans in the pot tonight..

"Procrastination is attitude's natural assassin. There's nothing so fatiguing as an uncompleted task." quote by William James Note from Lucy: Why do we procrastinate? I know that there are times that we put things off and then worry about it until it is done. Why put yourself through all of that worry?

Have a great week everyone.

10 Comments:

At 7:18 PM, Blogger Renie Burghardt said...

Sounds yummy, Lucy. And I love cooking things in my crockpot.

Me procrastinate? Perish the thought. LOL.

Have a nice evening.

Renie

 
At 9:16 PM, Blogger Marla said...

Your bean recipe sounds good. I haven't tried your previous recipe yet. I haven't been cooking much for myself these days.

 
At 5:33 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

If I messed with our (Ron's) bean recipe I'm afraid he would leave me. But those do sound awfully good!

 
At 7:10 AM, Blogger Cliff said...

Good sounding recipe. I hope to try that.
I loved the procrastination quote. I know a lot of folks who let stuff worry them needlessly. All they need to do is do it.

 
At 11:21 AM, Blogger Big Dave T said...

Throw a little meat in there and it sounds like a good chili.

 
At 1:29 AM, Blogger Jim said...

Hi Lucy, it's time for beans and I am missing it! Do you have any leftovers?
..

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger Oh great One said...

Unfortunately I'm about the only one who eats much in the way of beans at my house. I keep trying to sway my family to no avail.

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Why put off until tomorrow what you can do today?

Because I don't want to do it.

:-)

Procrastination is okay now and then, but if you do it often, then you end up paying a price.

YUMMY beans!!!

 
At 6:31 PM, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

I'm not big on these kinds of dishes, but I love that you post these Recipe's.

In these last very difficult weeks, there were TWO things that were great fun....JAMIE & FAMILY and a LADIES WHO LUNCH....! I am unable to see the Bideos on her blog ....Grrrrrrrr.

 
At 5:18 PM, Blogger Putz said...

riddle....if you are game, fourth blog middle on defucnct putz blog, comment appreciated,,,good luck

 

Post a Comment

<< Home