Thursday, March 12, 2009

Pineapple Salsa Chicken

3-6 skinless chicken breasts
1 can tidbit pineapple (drain the juice)
1 can black beans (do not drain)
1 32-ounce jar of mild to medium chunky style salsa

Place the thawed chicken breasts in the crockpot and add the rest of the ingredients. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Serve with warm tortillas and some rice.

We like the leftovers served in a tortilla with fixins, this makes a great chicken burrito.

Today's Crockpot Recipe Courtesy of Joan Elder

Diane, here's my Sunday dinner.

8 Comments:

At 8:43 AM, Blogger Ralph said...

Okay - this one I have to try.
Ralph

 
At 8:59 AM, Blogger Putz said...

did you know that you turn 60 this year???????i bet you dind't know that

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

Just in time for my grandchildren's spring break at our house. We'll have five of the eight here and they will love this.

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger Marla said...

Oh, a crockpot recipe to try. I am always looking for some crockpot recipes. It sounds yummy!

 
At 12:21 AM, Blogger Jim said...

Oh Lucy, now you've done it. That recipe is irreligious. It mixes sweet (pineapple) with the hot (salsa).
It's a no, no. The beans won't know what to do.
..

 
At 3:26 AM, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Well this sounds like a delicious dish! Yummy Yum Yum!

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger Big Dave T said...

I'm always telling the missus about these great crockpot recipes I find courtesy of my blogging buddies. She's just not that fond of crockpot cooking for some reason. Maybe when she retires and has more time.

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger Lucy Stern said...

A note to everyone: I couldn't wait till Sunday to try this recipe and I am glad that I did not wait, It was AWESOME! We ate it over the rice and shredded the chicken and sprinkled it over the rice too. I loved the flavors of this recipe and will definately cook it again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home