Sunday, July 12, 2009

Vacation with the Grandkids……

Well, today I will be taking my two grandkids, aged 7 and 3, to visit Bonnie in College Station, TX… JJ will be going to a summer camp there called “Beyond the Moon” for kids ages 7 to 11. Bonnie found out about it several months ago and it looked like something he would enjoy… It was very reasonably priced and was a chance for him to go to space camp for kids his age. Last week, I decided to take Jocelyne along so she could go on vacation too… I think she is more excited than JJ… She has been carrying her bathing suit all around the house and talking about going swimming with Aunt Bonnie. The last three days have been a flurry as I have been working to get things done before I leave for the week, bills had to be paid, clothes washed and the usual things that you do before you leave on a trip. I may not have access to the Internet, so if I don’t come by for a visit you will know why.

BTW: I made up some of the fabric softener from two posts ago and it works great, I hope you decide to give it a try….. Have a great week, everyone!

9 Comments:

At 2:44 PM, Blogger Renie Burghardt said...

What could be better than a vacation with the grandkids? Not a thing. Have fun, Lucy!

Renie

 
At 10:31 PM, Blogger Mountain Mama said...

I pray yu are having a wonderful time with the kidlets. I sure enjoy time with mine!

 
At 12:34 AM, Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

Enjoy your time with the young'uns, and don't overdo it in this heat. See you when you get back!

xoxoxo

Diane

 
At 11:15 AM, Blogger Big Dave T said...

Seeing Diane's comment, I was wondering how hot it is down there. I've been hearing stories on the Weather Channel.

Sounds like fun. Sometimes I'd like to have grandkids just so that I could go to places like Disneyworld and Chucky Cheese. Been many, many years since I've been to Chucky Cheese.

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

Hope you are having a blast Lucy!!!

 
At 10:24 AM, Blogger Cliff said...

What a neat trip you have planned. I hope it was/is fun. Stay safe. cm

 
At 10:49 PM, Blogger Jim said...

Well, Lucy, I have a few old posts but I don't know how to make softener out of them. You never did put the post recipe on here?
(I went back, you talked about using the old posts but no recipe.)

Have fun in College Station. If you haven't been, go to the G.H.W. Bush Presidential Library. It is one of the best!
..
'Puphod' was my verification word. Sort of like childhood?

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger Oh great One said...

I have decided that when I use up the rest of my cleaning supplies I'm going to try some of the home made ones I read in that book I told you about. I may have to add your fabric softener to the mix!

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger Jess said...

Hope you are having a great summer and that you have a good rest of the week

Love, Jess

 

Post a Comment

<< Home