Quotes from Great Leaders.....
1. "Well done is better than well said."
Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
2. "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to put its' pants on."
Winston Churchill (1874-1965)
3. "Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless."
Mother Teresa (1910-1997)
4. "Liberty, when it begins to take root, is a plant of rapid growth."
George Washington (1732-1799)
5. "The time is always right to do what is right."
Martin Luther King, Jr. (1929-1968)
6. "All the adversity I've had in my life, has strengthened me. You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
Walt Disney (1901-1966)
7. "Leave nothing for tomorrow which can be done today."
Abraham Lincoln (1809-1865)
8. "The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will."
Vince Lombardi (1913-1970)
9. "It is better to light the candle than to curse the darkness."
Eleanor Roosevelt (1884-1962)
10. "A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
Dwight Eisenhower (1890-1969)
11. "The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Nelson Mandela (1918 - )
12. "We must become the change we wish to see in the world."
Mahatma Gandhi (1869-1948)
13. "The best and most beautiful things in life cannot be seen, not touched, but are felt in the heart."
Helen Keller (1880-1968)
14. "Failure is only the opportunity to begin again more intelligently."
Henry Ford (1863-1947)
15. "Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music."
Ronald Reagan (1911-2004)
Note from Lucy: I take my hat off to all the service men and women who have put their lives on the line for me, my family and our country. We honor you, once again, this Memorial Day. Please remember these hero's as we celebrate this Memorial Day Weekend.