Sunday, September 24, 2006

What a week this has been……

It’s been a busy week in the Stern household.

Monday started off with my usual trek of picking up bread for the food pantry. It was a very rainy day and I had to wear my poncho to transfer the bread from the store baskets to the trunk of my car. You read in my last blog about the crock pot chicken and how well it turned out. I did some baby sitting and helping Jennifer out, among other things.

Tuesday was a little bit slower in the morning, but the afternoon was full with paying bills, making copies, bank deposits, grocery shopping, and watching the Astros baseball on TV.

Wednesday, I went to the chiropractor with TF to see if they could help him with his back and hip, which wouldn’t move. I also wanted to see Jennifer’s x-rays but ended up not having time. Bonnie has been out of town for the last month working in South Carolina and Utah and I had to pick her up at the airport around 11:30am. Since she was only going to be home around 24 hours, we decided to have a family lunch at Bo Lee’s. Bonnie, me, Jennifer, Justin, TF and baby Jocelyne ate Chinese food and talked up a storm. Bonnie unloaded her dirty clothes and rested before going to get a hair cut and do a few chores. I picked up JJ from kindergarten and he got to spend some time with Aunt Bonnie. It was Temple night for TF and I worked on the computer getting out information on the Hershey Chocolate order and mentioning the Herb and Spice order for November. Bonnie had dinner with a friend and then came home to wash her clothes.

Thursday, Took Bonnie to the airport for her flight to Nebraska, stopping on the way for a prescription, food and a quick trip to the book store so she could buy the John Adams books on tape. We made it to the airport in plenty of time for her to check in and make her flight. I came home and crash on the couch for a couple of hours. The rest of the day I piddled around trying to wash clothes and watch the Astros game.

Friday, I worked in the kitchen and started some clothes washing. Jennifer and her little family were flying into West Palm Beach and then going to drive the rest of the way to Vero Beach, Fl. so that they could visit her grandmother. GG (which stands for Great Grandmother) has not seen Jocelyne yet and she was waiting with eager anticipation to see her precious family. I was the one flagged to drive them to the airport. I wish you could have seen JJ with his Sponge Bob travel bag. He was a real hoot marching around with it. This was my third trip, in three days, to go to the airport. I had another nap in the afternoon and then off to pay more bills, make more copies for a class I was teaching, another stop at the grocery store and etc. We had a church social that I was taking food for and I had to pick up a lady and her daughter who needed a ride. TF had a very busy day and he stayed home and relaxed and watched the Astros game. I was exhausted when I got home and was asleep in no time.

Today I was up by 6:00am. getting things together for the class I was teaching to our church scout troop. I had been asked to teach a class on Buddy Burners and Hobo Stoves. There were about 10 eleven year old boys there to learn. I had some of the boys making the stoves and some of them cutting out card board for the filler for the buddy burners. The stove makers, helped roll the card board and put them in the cans. I worked on melting and pouring the hot wax. All in all, we made 36 buddy burners. I went home and put up my supplied and then took my afternoon nap. What is with these afternoon naps? I had three this week. After nap time, I went to the grocery store of milk and TF’s favorite cereal. TF and I went to Whataburger, in separate cars, for dinner. He headed home to watch the Astros game and I headed to a women’s conference at church. We had some great lessons on how much our Heavenly Father loves each and every one of us. The General Relief Society board spoke to us as well as President Gordon B. Hinckley. When I got home, I found that my husband was on the couch suffering with a fever. He took some Tylenol and headed straight for bed. In the mean time a huge thunderstorm was on top of us and it produced a brilliant light show. We had some wind and rain and had the dogs scurrying around looking for a place to hide. It is now a good three hours since the storm went thru and I can still hear thunder outside.

BTW: The Astros beat the Cardinals three games in a row. Roger Clements pitches tomorrow and let's pray for a sweep. We are now 4 games back with 8 games to go. Can we pull it off? It would be great, but it would take a miracle.

I am tired and I better get to bed…..No frugal news from this mom today….. Have a great weekend.


At 7:47 AM, Blogger Fred said...

Great minds think alike, Lucy. My first post in a few weeks was about how busy I am. I think you've got me beat.

I used to be a huge baseball fan, but really don't follow the game much anymore. We have a local team, but the stadium is way down in St. Petersburg, so it's not real convenient to catch a game.

At 10:16 AM, Blogger Sherpa said...

The Astros looked good on Thursday night. oh and Minute maid park? Very cool. that was my first indoor game.

At 3:50 PM, Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Busy, busy!!
Being busy can take its toll. Get some rest and enjoy those baseball games.

At 9:32 PM, Blogger Mountain Mama said...

You sure know how to fill a week. I am so thankful that I don't have to do that much anymore.

At 2:15 PM, Blogger pappy said...

ok todays Monday your rested were's the news :)

At 7:09 PM, Blogger Big Dave T said...

Hea, my Detroit Tigers are in the playoffs for the first time in 19 years!! If they play the Astros, I should come down for a game. Can you pick me up at the airport;)

At 7:46 AM, Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

All in all a GOOD busy, Lucy.

You seem to be truly blessed.


Post a Comment

<< Home