Mexican Chicken Corn Chowder
Taken from "Girlfriends on the Go! A Busy Mom's Guide to Make-Ahead Meals"
* 1 1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
* 1/2 cup chopped onion
* 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
* 3 Tbsp. butter
* 2 chicken bouillon cubes
* 1 cup hot water
* 1 tsp. ground cumin
* 2 cups half and half
* 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
* 1 (15 oz.) can creamed corn
* 1 (4 oz.) can chopped green chilies
* 1/4 tsp. hot sauce (Tabasco)
* 1 bag tortilla chips
In large saucepan, brown chicken, onion, garlic, and butter. Dissolve bouillon in hot water and add to chicken. Then add cumin and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 5 minutes. Add remaining ingredients. Cook until cheese melts. Serve topped with crushed tortilla chips.
This is a great recipe to eat on a cold night.