Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Assorted Items..........

POSTAGE RATE HIKE/GET THOSE FOREVER STAMPS BEFORE 5/11/09
Postal rates are going up again on 5/11/09, but this time, there IS something you can do about it. During the last hike, they started selling "Forever Stamps." These stamps will ALWAYS be First Class Postage, no matter when you bought them. So stock up before the rush to the post office, and remember, you can order them by mail. Ask your carrier for a form. For amounts of the hike, go to...


BIBLE FAMILY TREE CHARTS ONLINE
If you like to do Bible Study, or are leading one, this is a great site to keep bookmarked. It has one of the best and most comprehensive Bible family trees that I've seen. You are allowed to print out the charts for personal or small group use. Go to...
Scroll down to "Internal Links," and you'll find links you can click on for Old Testament genealogies, as well as one for Jesus. If making a copy, it works best with a color printer. If you don't have one, check out your local library or friend's computer. POST IT...in your Bible.


FREE BOOKS ONLINE
If you like to read more classical books, then check out this website... This is fun for those who just like to read, or if you want to save some money when you have to read one of these books for a class...you don't have to buy it. Sort of like a poor man's Kindle. The works are either in public domain, or the website has gotten permission to post them. My favorite...H. G. Wells short story, "Country of the Blind." POST IT...on your computer, and with your bookstore information.

"While most of our suffering is self- inflicted, some is caused by or permitted by God. This sobering reality calls for deep submissiveness, especially when God does not remove the cup from us. In such circumstances, when reminded about the premortal shouting for joy as this life's plan was unfolded (Job 38:7), we can perhaps be pardoned if, in some moments, we wonder what all the shouting was about."
--Neal A. Maxwell, "Willing to Submit", Ensign, May 1985


If you want to read a “feel good” story, here it is. Every wonder how the friendly skies got it's name?

Have a great week everyone!

9 Comments:

At 1:34 PM, Blogger Renie Burghardt said...

I already bought several books of forever stamps. And thank you for the free books online link. The quote by Neal A. Maxwell is one to ponder and think about!

Have a great rest of the week, Lucy!

Renie

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger Jess said...

Hi Lucy..hope all is well with you. Sorry I haven't been by...have been extremely busy. Hope you have a great end of the week and that your April is starting out great.


lots of love, Jess

 
At 9:02 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

These sites are great. I am happy to be reminded of the forever stamps and the reading site is great but I truly hope to be able to spend a great deal of time of the Bible Family Tree sige.

 
At 8:23 AM, Blogger Big Dave T said...

Wendy did buy a book of forever stamps. But that'll probably last us a month. The "forever" stamp is mis-named, I think.

I did want to read a "feel good" story, but the link took me to a g-mail site. I didn't get it.

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

Thanks for the links Lucy! I got some stamps Friday and the last time they went up I bought a whole bunch of the forever stamps first. I just recently used them all and now here they are going up again. I'll try to get some more before they actually go up.

Love the Bible Family Tree site!! Thanks!

 
At 9:42 PM, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

I have got to get me some of those Forever Stamps...! The more the merrier, I think....The way postage keeps going up!
Thanks for the reminder, Lucy!

 
At 6:17 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

Lucy, I had to come back for a second comment to say thanks for you comment on my blog about Ron's wreck. He is home and feeling good. About your question: I am Adrenal body type.

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Thanks for the Forever Stamps tip. I bought a bunch before they went up last time. This time I plan to buy a lot more than I did before. They run out faster than expected.

The feel good story did not go to a story. It went to a gmail page.

:-)

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger Putz said...

so preaching mormonism again...teasing because when i was going to do a doctrine blog, you tl=ld me as advice to sliop doctrine in a little bit at a time....old lucy mc giving free advice and i'm loviing it

 

Post a Comment

<< Home