Sunday, June 12, 2005

Who Are We?

I’ve been relaxing this Sunday afternoon and watching a little TV. TF and I were watching Bourne Supremacy with Matt Damon. If you have ever watched the movie before you know that Jason Bourne can’t remember who he really is. He ponders his identity and he has that nagging feeling deep down inside to know who he is. He remembers bits and pieces but he just can’t figure out his real name. At the very end of the movie he calls Pam Landy, the head of the department, and she thanks him for helping them with a problem. Wanting to help him she looks in his file and tells him his real name and gives him his birth date. My mind flooded with thoughts about this. The movie ends and you wonder what’s going to happen next.

We all want to know who we are. I have known several people who have been adopted. Somewhere deep down in their soul they want to know who they really are. Who was their father and mother. Why were they given up for adoption? Didn’t their father and mother want them? I think it tugs at their soul for the need to know the answers to these questions. Most of these people were adopted by loving people who became there “new” parents, but who were the ones that physically made them?

It makes me think of our Heavenly Father. We came here from the pre-existence to the earth to live till it is time to be called home again. Do we know who our Heavenly Father is? Do we remember him. If we don’t know him do we have a nagging deep down in our hearts to know who he is? Are we all children of God? For me the answer is yes. I know it without a doubt. I think this is something we all need to know.

12 Comments:

At 6:57 PM, Blogger Nettie said...

I love this; I have a good friend who really needs to read it. On another note, do you mind if I add you to my blogroll?

 
At 8:01 PM, Blogger Lucy Stern said...

Nettie, Yes you may add me to your blogroll. I feel honored. Thanks.

Janie, Yes we need to know our Heavenly Father and then have Faith that he loves us and is there for us when we need him.

 
At 10:52 PM, Blogger Mad Housewife said...

Since it's Sunday... Did YOU clip YOUR coupons from the newspaper? I know I did.

 
At 11:10 PM, Blogger Lucy Stern said...

Red, Yes Ma'am I sure did.

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger Joy said...

Great Post.

Every once in a while I get this feeling of unconditional love and reassurance. Something that lets me know that I'm okay, and that I can go accomplish what I need to do.


I agree. I think everyone needs to know that their father in heaven does love them for many reasons.

 
At 8:50 PM, Blogger Lucy Stern said...

Puremood, I bet the Roxy name will stick. She looks like a Roxy. I work on my geneology also. It adicting and I love finding out who my ascestors are.
I was born and raised in Houston, so I guess I am used to the weather we have. I think I would rather put up with an occasional hurricane than worry about earthquakes or mudslide. Thanks for your reply.

 
At 7:57 AM, Blogger Cindy-Lou said...

Nice post! Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog!
BTW, I clipped my coupons on Sunday, too... ;)
God Bless!

 
At 4:39 PM, Blogger Free Agency Rules said...

Lucy,

Great Post.

No doubt in my mind that I am a Child of God.

Two people can do anything, as long as one of them is God.


Gary.

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger tan247 said...

I enjoyed reading your post. I loved Bourne Supremacy (at least the part that I didn't fall asleep on). You have reminded me that I need to see the entire movie. BTW - Thanks for visiting my blog and for your encouraging comment.

 
At 5:03 PM, Blogger Mad Housewife said...

I am me. Who are you? 'Cause you're not me.

 
At 9:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not that it's my blog, but I feel that the hostility directed at Red by audrey was certainly unnecessary and unwarrented.

 
At 10:43 AM, Blogger T. F. Stern said...

Whose panties are in a bind, ladies, return to your corners and no hitting below the belt.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home