Monday, May 08, 2006

The babies are back home…

Well, it was a long nine days, but Grandma took care of JJ age 4 and Jocelyn age 8 months. You forget just how much work is involved in taking care of two children that age. The last time I did it was 25 years ago. I was a lot younger and in better shape back then and I had 3 children in that time frame. JJ does a good job entertaining himself. He likes to go to http://www.noggin.com/ and plays the different games there. He loves to play pigeon patterns and Play with me Sesame. Dora the Explorer and Pinky Dinky Do are also his favorites. He loves playing with his numbers and letters puzzles. I have also found out that he has a sweet tooth and if there is any candy in sight, he will find it. Yogurt is his favorite food to eat at Grandma’s house. His bed time is 9:00pm and he will actually tell you when it is his bedtime.

Jocelyne is an adorable baby. She loves to eat, unlike her big brother. These last nine days she has been teething a bit, and I gave her dog bone treats to teethe on. Jennifer did not like that idea, saying that her daughter was not a dog. I reminded her that babies have been teething on them for years. They are hard, full of healthy ingredients, and Jocelyne loved them. Jocelyn was already saying Da Da and, by the time she went home, I had her saying Ma Ma. I don’t know if she knows what it means, but she can say it. I have to admit that I did not get out much while the kids were here. Jocelyn weights a ton and I had a hard time carrying her around in her car seat.

Jennifer and Justin are recovering from their trip to El Paso to pick up Justin’s mom. They got her to Houston’s medical center just in time to save her life. The doctors told them that if they had waited one more hour, she would have died. She went through about 8 hours of surgery and still has some more surgery tomorrow morning. Let me tell you, this woman is lucky to be alive. I thank God that she made it here on time.

Bonnie was home for three days and then off to New York City. Go check out her blog at: http://bonnietravels.blogspot.com/ to see her in front of Times Square. She also has a picture of Jocelyne posted. William also popped in, from New Orleans, for three days and overlapped Bonnie’s stay.

Did I tell you that we had a monster thunderstorm last Thursday night? Bonnie and TF were watching TV when they heard a loud boommmm. The transformer, on the pole in our back yard, decided to blow. Our lights didn’t come back on till 4:30 the next morning. We had hail the size of marbles hitting our house, just something to add to the mix.

Off the top of my head: I read the other day that you can use a dryer sheet to clean soap scum from your shower tiles. Soak a cleaning cloth with white vinegar and wipe down your tiles, then use your dryer sheet to rub the tiles down and you will be surprised how much soap scum comes off. I tried it this morning and it really does work.

Lots to do tomorrow.

10 Comments:

At 5:43 AM, Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

I can relate to your taking care of two with very close age. It really is tiring though satisfying.

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

Glad you had fun with the little ones. It'd sure be hard for me to keep up with one. Two would wear me out.

Thanks for the tip!

 
At 2:18 PM, Blogger JM said...

Oops, not that I'm a hundred percent sure about this, but I have read in some medical journals that dog food has certain types of meats in it that carry parasites.

 
At 2:33 PM, Blogger PinkCat said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog and I know that you are right. Families are what you make them. I love my little unit that we have so we will be fine.

Take care and I am looking forward to reading your blog.

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger Lucy Stern said...

angel jr. - I was letting her teethe on dog "bone" treats, not the canned dog food. I would never give a child canned dog food.

 
At 12:44 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

I'm so glad they made it to the hospital on time. I hope she makes it through the rest of the surgery without any complications :o)

 
At 8:19 AM, Blogger Melody said...

Sounds like you had your hands full. I can't wait to be a grandmother...my kids are far tooooo young to be parents....but I'm ready to be GRANDMA!!!! Thanks for the cleaning tip...I'll have to give it a try.

 
At 5:45 AM, Blogger Big Dave T said...

As a cheap kinda guy, I love your money-saving ideas, but dog bones for kids . . . I've never heard of that one.

We had a dog named Missy once.

 
At 6:04 AM, Blogger Danny Sims said...

I had my kids a tab bit later in life, so I wonder if, by the time they might have kids, I'll be able to play with them & enjoy them as a granddad...

I'm telling Suzanne about the drier sheet deal.

 
At 7:11 PM, Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Being a grandmother must be such a wonderful experience.

And I see that your grandchildren have an opportunity to eat well too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home