Oh Say….What do you know?
I was reading the Mini Page in the paper this morning and took the “Words That Made a Big Difference” quiz. I wondered how many of these questions you could answer so I decided to post the quiz. (For those of you that are not Americans, take the quiz and see how much you know about America.) Here goes….Who made these statements?
1) “The New England governments are in a state of rebellion.”
2) “The British are coming! The British are coming!”
3) “Remember the ladies.”
4) “We hold these truths to be self evident: that all men are created equal.”
5) “No taxation without representation.”
6) “I have not yet begun to fight.”
7) “I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country.”
8) “We must indeed all hang together, or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately.”
9) I am adding this on my own. "Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!"
Now to this I will add: Declaration of Independence Quiz A Roo
10) What is the Declaration of Independence?
a) A speech by George Washington.
b) Document in which the 13 Colonies declared their independence from England.
c) American patriots yelling about freedom.
11) Who was the first to sign the Declaration of Indepencence?
a) George Washington
b) Thomas Jefferson
c) John Hancock
12) How does the Declaration of Indepencence begin?
a) “When in the course of human events…”
b) “We the people of the United States….”
Ok now…..let’s see how you did.
1) King George III
2) Paul Revere
3) Abigail Adams
4) Thomas Jefferson
5) patriots at the Boston Tea Party
6) John Paul Jones
7) Nathan Hale
8) Benjamin Franklin
9) Patrick Henry
Have a happy fourth of July and enjoy the freedoms we have here in America. For those that are deep thinkers, go over to TF’s blog and read this.