Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Where did the money come from?

Does anyone else wonder where the 180 million dollars came from that was used to refurbish the Louisiana Superdome? The streets are still littered with garbage that hasn’t been picked up since the hurricane. Reason given, they can’t afford to do it. Electricity hasn’t been turned back on, in many areas, same reason. Hummmmm……I wonder if there are some priorities that are a little mixed up here. I’m not going to say any more, but I am disgusted!

Well, I decided to go back and read some of the articles about the renovation of the Superdome. I found that many of the people looked at it as a "rebirth" for the city and a ray of hope. What do you think?

6 Comments:

At 2:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whatever. Tell that "rebirth" stuff to somebody whose house is still under 4 feet of water, who is still living in a FEMA trailer with their 4 kids, who still don't have a job.

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger Oh great One said...

They talked about it alot during the game last night. Some of the money came from FEMA some from the NFL I don't know any more than that.

The thought behind it was that by fixing the dome you bring in tourists who spend money in your city. At least that's how I understood it. Is it right or wrong? My jury is still out.

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

It doesn't seem right to me. One would think the help would be towards those who have lost homes and jobs.

 
At 7:12 PM, Blogger Bonfire said...

the games will bring a lot of revenue to the city and jobs to those in the city. but i still think it would be better off leaving the team at the alamo dome and letting fema put the money to better use...

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger Evey said...

Interesting thing to debate. I am not sure how I feel about it.

 
At 5:29 AM, Blogger Martin said...

I think it's an amazing expenditure when a majority of the citizens do not plan to return. Some of that money could have been sent to Houston to help them hire more police officers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home