Thursday, June 28, 2007

How to Find Lasting Relief for Nasal Congestion

Do you know someone who suffers with chronic nasal congestion? I’m not referring to nasal congestion that cold, the flu, a sinus infection, or hay fever. I’m referring to people who feel healthy overall, but can’t figure out why they usually feel stuffed up. http://chetday.com/nasalcongestion.htm


Teff -- a Nutritious Little Grain

In this fun to read and informative article, Karen Railey takes a close look at a little-known grain called Teff. If you want something new in your diet, check this out. Recipes provided for pancakes and cookies.http://chetday.com/teff.html

Today's Crockpot Recipes Courtesy of John Chapman-chetday.com

Walnut Raisin Apple Bake:

1/2 cup apple cider
Juice of 1 lemon
2 teaspoons maple syrup
2 tablespoons raisins
1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground walnuts
4 large Macintosh apples, cored

Pour the cider, lemon juice, and maple syrup into an electric crockpot.Combine the raisins, cinnamon, and walnuts in a small bowl. Place the apples in the crockpot. Using a spoon, fill the center of the apples with the raisin mixture. Cover and cook on LOW until the apples are

Apple Cobbler in the Crock

4 medium tart apples
1/2 cup honey
1 grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
1 dash cinnamon
3/4 cup natural cereal with nuts and fruits

Oil to grease pot. Grease side of your crockpot lightly with oil. Core, peel and slice apples; place in crock. Add honey, lemon rind, lemon juice and cinnamon. Combine butter and cereal. Add to crock; mix thoroughly. Cover. Cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours or High for 2 to 3 hours. Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped topping, if desired.

Note from Lucy: I do have a friend that has constant nasal congestion and I am getting this information to her asap. I can't imagine having to live with a box of tissue as my constant companion..

TF and I went in to get him pre registered for his surgery on Tuesday. He filled out a ton of forms, donated a pint of his own blood (just in case they need blood) and they took blood for testing. He had a good red blood cell count and now I am to feed him spincah to build his blood back up before surgery. I'm glad we have that behind us. The surgery is scheduled for July 6th. What is funny is that his brother is having shoulder surgery the very same day. On July 7th our nephew is getting married, so I will have a full weekend.

Tonight I have a meeting with the ward emergency preparedness committee and we will be working on our "plan" for the members of our ward church group. This is a lot of work but well worth it. I am also getting ready for company this weekend. A friend of ours is getting married and his aunt will be staying with us for four days. She has MS and tires easily, so she will stay with us in a quieter enviorment when she is not with the family. I have been trying to get the house ready for our guest as well as keep up with everything else. I am looking forward to enjoying her company. This summer is just flying by, for that matter, this year is flying by....YEKS! Have a good weekend everyone.

3 Comments:

At 10:23 AM, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Looks like an interesting food! I've never heard of it!

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Thanks for the lovely Birthday Wishes, Lucy....It was a lovely day and today there will be more celebrating!

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger Big Dave T said...

I have chronic sinusitis in the summertime. Wish it were related to food allergies, but mine is strictly hay fever. Some years ago I developed a nasal polyp so large that you could see it looking at me. That was my first and only time I was knocked out for surgery.

That cured me for a while. But then my sinusitis came back, except for this year. Maybe this is something that gets better with age. I'm drying up or something.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home