Monday, November 07, 2005

How long did they practice this routine?

I found the cutest video on Rossputin’s blog today and I just had to “borrow” it for you to see. http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6739710473912337648&q=chinese My little 3 month old granddaughter thought it was awesome. She had been fussing and we sat down at the computer for her to drink a bottle. I turned on the video and she instantly quit crying. She watched intently as the three and a half minute video played.

The two young men in the above video are Chinese and they are wearing Rockets shirts. They must be fans of our Yao Ming. I suppose the youth, all over the world, are just the same as our young people here in America. Move over Back Street Boys!

I remember, in college, as one of my roommates would sing along with Diana Ross and the Supremes. She would turn on the music and practice till she could “mouth” the music perfectly. I had more fun watching her do this. When it come time for our dorm talent show she would play Diana Ross and Deanna and I would be the “Supremes”. . . . You can't hurry love, oh you just have to wait. . . . We had a blast!


Tip of the day: Now for those of you who are diabetic or on a diet, here is a Pumpkin Cheese pie that should fit your Thanksgiving diet. No pecans Fred!

Pumpkin Cheese Pie
Recipe By : Real Food for Real People Serving Size : 8
Categories : Desserts Diabetic
Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method

8 ounces Lowfat Cream Cheese -- Softened
1 Egg -- or replacer
2 tablespoons Splenda
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1 1/2 cups Pumpkin, canned
2 Eggs -- or replacer
1 1/2 teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
1 Pie Crust (9 inch) -- unbaked
1 cup Evaporated Milk
2 tablespoons Splenda

For Cheese Layer: Combine cream cheese, Splenda, vanilla and 1 egg (or replacer) in mixing bowl. Stir to mix well, spread in bottom of unbaked pie shell.

For Pie Layer:Combine pumpkin, milk, 2 eggs (or replacer), sugar or replacement and spices in a mixing bowl, beating to blend thoroughly. Carefully pour over cheese layer. Bake at 350 degrees F for 65 to 70 min or until knife inserted comes out clean.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 251 Calories; 15g Fat (54.6% calories from fat); 9g Protein; 20g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 95mg Cholesterol; 400mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Non-Fat Milk; 2 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

Update: Enjoy this Turkey Day song:
http://www.msn.americangreetings.com/display.pd?bfrom=1&prodnum=3081495&path=25200&source=msne110&GT1=7368

11 Comments:

At 1:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet. A recipe. I love cooking holiday food.

 
At 2:12 PM, Blogger Joy said...

i love that the 3 month old loved the video. Sweet.

Thx for the diabetic recipe. My dad is diabetic. I'll send it along to my folks.

 
At 4:20 PM, Blogger Hoots Musings said...

Awesome and thanks for sending the lighter version of the recipe.

Have you seen the Napolean Dynamite meets Bill Gates video??

TOO FUNNY

 
At 8:36 PM, Blogger Running2Ks said...

I love these guys--I just heard of their blog: Dormitory Boys.

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger Oh great One said...

I think I saw that one on the Today show, but I didn't know how to find it. Thanks!

 
At 7:41 PM, Blogger PBS said...

Cute that your little one loved the video!

 
At 3:18 AM, Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

thanks for the recipe and I couldn't get the video to play.

 
At 7:31 AM, Blogger Katie said...

lol, that video made me lmfao....thanks

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

Those guys totally made my day. I might steal that from you.

 
At 2:13 AM, Blogger Jenn Doll said...

Haha! Those guys rule!

Thanks for the recipe! I'll tell mom about it. =D

 
At 7:34 PM, Blogger Curious Servant said...

That video is pretty good. The kid at the computer never even twitched to see what was going on behind him. Must be a blogger!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home