Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Thinking Valentines…Chocolate Silk Tart

Valentines Day is just around the corner and I found a recipe for a Chocolate Silk Tart that is low in calories, fat, and even carbs. Most women I know love chocolate. Instead of giving that box of chocolate, make a chocolate recipe that will suit her waist line. As much as I love chocolate, I do not want a box of chocolate for valentines Day.

Chocolate Silk Tart – Makes 12 servings:

13 - chocolate graham crackers
3 TBL. - sweetener, like Splenda
1 - egg white
3 TBL. – butter, melted
1 pkg. – ( 14 oz. ) firm tofu, drained
1 pkg. - ( 8 oz. ) Neufchatel cheese
1 pkg. – ( 1.4 oz. ) instant sugar-free, fat free, chocolate pudding
1 tsp. - vanilla extract
¾ tsp. ground cinnamon
1 cup - reduced-fat whipped topping, like Cool Whip, thawed
1 pint – strawberries, halved

1) Heat oven to 350 degrees F. In food processor, pulse first two ingredients 1 minute. Add egg white and butter. Press mixture into 9” tart pan with removable bottom. Bake
10 min.; chill.

2) In food processor, pulse tofu and cheese 2 min. Add next 4 ingredients; blend 2 min. more.

3) Spoon mixture into crust. Chill 2 hours. Add topping and berries. (Put cool whip on top of chilled tart and top with halved strawberries. If you would like, you can melt some chocolate and sprinkle it on top of the strawberries.)

Prep time: 10 min. Total time: 20 min. + chilling time.
Per serving: Cal: 244 Pro: 8g. Carb: 24g. Fiber: 2g. Chol: 20mg. Sod: 287mg. Fat: Sat. 9g. Trans. 0g. Mono. 4g. Poly. 1g. Recipe taken from: First Mag. Dated: 1-30-06


A few other ideas for Valentines Day:

Saying 'I Love You' for Less by Gary Foreman
Creative ideas for men or women that cost less and mean more.

Hersheys Gifts: For you guys with a little less imagination.

Question: What was your favorite valentine gift either given or received?

8 Comments:

At 2:58 PM, Blogger Fred said...

Chocolate that is low in calories, fat, and even carbs? Lucy, you hit the jackpot!

 
At 6:43 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

My favorite is to cuddle and listen to some beautiful music in a candle lit home. Very frugal.

 
At 7:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm hoping I sell some of my jewelry to people this valentines day.

As for me my hubby is not romantic so I can't recall getting anything. However this year we are going out for dinner.

 
At 9:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

valentines has had such a special meaning to me, i actually met my husband on valentines days, many years ago.

 
At 11:01 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Oh my, that chocolate tart sounds like heaven, thanks so much for posting the receipe!
We don't really celebrate valentines day down under. It is promoted a little bit, but not too many partake in it as it is seen as more of an American tradition :)

 
At 6:15 AM, Blogger Danny Sims said...

Nice. If giving a tart is good, why is being a tart bad?

I love the Gary Foreman story too.

 
At 4:11 PM, Blogger Mitey Mite said...

I am going to give ME chocolate for Valentine's Day -- the Professor can have some if he wants. I can't wait to make this.

 
At 6:21 AM, Blogger Danny Sims said...

I thought it funny that right under this post you can see the next two post titles. In order they read:

Hillary in 2008?

She's moving back to D.C........

Hmmmm.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home