Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Yeks…. It’s coming our way…..


Simon and Garfunkel's Concert in Central Park

Right now my husband is watching his new DVD that we got at Target last Saturday night. We found a “Simon and Garfunkel in Central Park” DVD for $ 5.50. We grabbed it up and just now have our first chance to listen to it. Ahhhh….. Classics from our day. Some of my favorites are: The Sound of Silence, Slip Sliding Away, Still Crazy after all these years, Scarborough Fair, Homeward Bound, Bridge Over Troubled Water, Wake Up Little Suzie, Me and Julio Down by the Schoolyard and others.. Even my 27 year old daughter likes Simon and Garfunkel.

I can not believe we have hurricane breathing down our neck. This is unbelievable. Already Wal-Mart is out of batteries, tuna, bread and anything you would need for a storm. I was going to go to Sam’s this morning to get batteries and ended up doing another chore that took more precedence. By this evening batteries were hard to find. I ended up at Walgreen’s grabbing up type “C” batteries. I went to a connivance store for bread. I guess after Katrina every one is edgy and shopping early. My son used up all my batteries in his fancy radio last week so there I was with out my extras. Well, I have them now. I can’t seem to get my eyes off the weather channel. Tonight my husband made me turn it off.

My son finished painting our bedroom yesterday and today the new carpet came. Thank goodness the new bed doesn’t come till late next week. We have also been finishing up the work on our rent house and it is about ready for the new renters. Tomorrow we pick up the new stove and refrigerator and take it down there. Do you see why I am praying that the hurricane goes somewhere else? I would love to have cancelled the whole thing until after the threat of the storm, but my husband did not want to put it off any longer. Please pray that the hurricane goes somewhere else. We live on the north side of Houston, about 75 miles from the coast, so he doesn’t think we will have too much of a problem as long as it stays under a Category 3. If it is a Category 4 or larger and we take a direct hit, then we have a problem. I am silently preparing to leave if it gets bad. We will take my husbands work truck and the little green car and high tail it. Bonnie’s car and my Toyota will go in the garage at the other house. (Fingers crossed) No, I’m not even going to say it. Never mind, I don’t want to jinx us. Hey Fred, I was thinking about your brand new dining room table and chairs. Ok, enough of this. I will probably be too busy to blog in the next few days. Well see what happens, pray for us. Posted by Picasa

26 Comments:

At 11:40 AM, Blogger Linda Jones Malonson said...

Lucy can you believe it! My mouth is still half open and I am glued to the weather channel too! I am in Sugarland, but my husband and I are going to ride it out. We are stocked up with can goods, water, batteries, etc. Here's hoping that we all be safe!

 
At 2:18 PM, Blogger Lucy Stern said...

LP, So far my husband wants to ride it out, but if it gets any stronger, we're out of here. No water, anywhere. People are buying garbage cans and large storage containers to store water in. I wish I could find a few more "C" batteries. I have heard taht they have them at the dollar store.
Be safe, I'll be thinging about you.

 
At 4:08 PM, Blogger Joy said...

I just read the latest Rita news. Holy cow. I'm thinking of y'all.

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger Lucy Stern said...

Shepra, Bonnie is freaking out. She's in Chicago right now and she wants us to fly up there and stay with her. When Bro. Stern comes home I think we are going to have some serious decision making do. Thanks for thinking of us, pray.

 
At 5:09 PM, Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

All good thoughts and prayers sent your way, Lucy.

I love S & G!

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger Fred said...

I'm praying. Take care - get prepared, and know that we're all thinking about you and your family.

 
At 9:15 PM, Blogger Lucy Stern said...

Thanks everyone, We will need the prayers. My husband has insisted that we stay. He says that the only way we are going to leave is if the roof comes off. Oh, dear Lord, please don't take our roof. I purchased a chain saw today because we have a lot of trees around our house. If something happens, we can whip out the chain saw and fix it up. We now have all the essentials of prepardness. I hope we are not biting off more than we can chew.....Yes, please pray.

 
At 1:45 AM, Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

Much Prayers on your behalf!!

I love Simon and Garfunkel too!! You brought back some memories!

 
At 9:19 AM, Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

You'll be in my thoughts and prayes.

I have a lot of memories of Simon and Garfunkle too!

 
At 9:19 AM, Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:19 AM, Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

Sorry, my computer screwed up and it spit my reply out five hundred times.

 
At 1:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i've been watching this on cnn, i can't believe another storm of this size might hit. stay safe.

 
At 8:38 AM, Blogger Joy said...

Oh Lucy, this is the first time i checked back. If you need anything or if Bonnie just needs someone to talk to....to get her mind off everything tell her i'm here. I'm pretty sure she still has my number. Your family is in my prayers

 
At 8:10 PM, Blogger Linda Jones Malonson said...

Lucy it looks like all this praying is helping us out ... I know my knees are sore, but it's sad for the folks in the direct path of Rita. I am thinking of you and your family ... peace and blessing.

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger Fred said...

Is everything OK?

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger T. F. Stern said...

Here is a thank you to everyone who has shown so much concern for the Houston area. We were so very lucky and the storm did minimal damage to the area; power outages and tree limbs down.

Lucy and the kids are in San Antonio with friends from church and will head home when it is time to; based on clean up of the roads and things getting back to normal.

Thanks again for your thoughts and prayers.

 
At 6:27 AM, Blogger PBS said...

Hope you are all OK and that the storm has/will miss your area!

 
At 5:38 PM, Blogger Melody said...

I love all of those songs...ooooh the memories. I hope that you all weathered the storm well. Thoughts are with you.

 
At 9:25 PM, Blogger Fred said...

Thanks, T.F.; I really appreciate the update. Please tell Lucy many people are thinking about her and look forward to hearing from her soon.

 
At 7:18 AM, Blogger T. F. Stern said...

Hi Everyone, I'm back. The drive home was much nicer than the one getting there. I'll blog later today and give you my story. So glad it's basiclly over for us, but I feel for friends in Beaumont, Port Arthur and Lake Charles......Later

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger GodlessMom said...

Hey Lucy, I hope all is well with you and your family.

 
At 5:37 PM, Blogger Oh great One said...

I hope you are all well!

 
At 11:46 PM, Blogger Bar L. said...

I was thinking about you today! Good to see you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home